Manchester Motor Neurone Disease (MND) Care Centre
The Manchester Motor Neurone Disease Care Centre provides support and care for people who are
undergoing investigations or have been given a diagnosis of MND (or an associated condition) in
Greater Manchester and surrounding areas.
is to help people to live well with MND and to provide a co-ordinated and accessible service for people living
with MND and their family and carers.
We do this by
• Providing specialist advice, support and information in all aspects of the care of a person living with MND by offering access to a range of health professionals and developing individual treatment plans
• Offering regular, specialist MND clinic appointments. These are usually held on Wednesday afternoons at Salford Royal Hospital. We also have a monthly outreach clinic at a local hospice.
• Being an effective and coordinated link between hospitals, community services and other health and social care professionals who may be involved in a person’s care.
• Ensuring that the right professionals and teams are involved at the right time.
• Working closely with the MND Association who provide information and support for people living with MND. Their Association Visitors attend clinics and are always happy to chat with people.
• Providing information and guidance about opportunities to be involved in research
There is a wealth of information and support available from the Motor Neurone Disease Association, both for people living with MND and professionals.
MND Connect Helpline: 0808 802 6262
Available Monday to Friday between 9am to 5pm and 7pm to 10:30pm
MND Association - Greater Manchester Branch
You can contact our specialist nurses for more information or to be signposted in the right direction for support.
0161 206 2920
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
We are based at:
Manchester Centre for Clinical Neurosciences
Salford Royal Hospital